Celebrating Great Films


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Movie Posters

Recently I got a big payrise at work. And I spent it all on film posters.

There are some great films with terribly mediocre posters. Either they just have mugshots of the top-billed actors on them, or they try and crowd too much stuff on. Or both (see Lord of the Rings).

And there are some excellent posters for awful films. For example...

Attack of the 50 Foot Woman


I tried to find the happy medium, whilst avoiding the too-popular choices (Pulp Fiction) and avoiding posters that my wife would never let me put up (Phase IV).

So, several hundred pounds later (framing is expensive!), our lounge sports these:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


Man On Wire


Breakfast at Tiffany's


Our hallway features:

Brazil


Run Lola Run


The spare bedroom has:

Requiem for a Dream


Amélie


Forbidden Planet


And a Bilinsky in our bathroom:

Metropolis

No comments:

Post a Comment